Saturday, July 28, 2012

No Looking Back

Kristi and I spent the past few days with the folks in Cumberland, and enjoyed watching some of the olympics together. Saturday morning we watched the men's road race, a long distance route through London on bicycles. It was fun to watch, and we were captivated by the ending. Two athletes were in a neck-and-neck race to the finish line, far ahead of the pack. The man in the lead looked back for just a moment. The finish line was so close, but he was momentarily distracted and took his eyes off the end goal. In that moment, the other biker thrust forward to take the lead and win the race.

Did you see it? Did you wonder what made him look back? It cost him a win.

Here is the verse I thought of..... "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment